Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blogging

I'm such a lazy blogger. I'm also pretty new at it and I'm still trying to find my own personal style. But that's now excuse for my laziness (although I am lazy by nature). I need to stop trying to be something I'm not while blogging. I'm no professional at anything, I'm just a newly 20 year old who has no idea what course in life to take. I have interests in art, design, DIY, crafting, and other such things, but I don't know how to turn this into a career option. Or if I even want it to be a career. I wouldn't mind having a job, and just keep art as a hobby. But I can't stand to have some boring, average, 9 to 5 job. I can't to cramped offices, cubicles, endless typing, and dim fluorescent lighting.

My dad owns his own business selling light bulbs. He started working temporarily at a light bulb distribution company, but after a while decided he could do the same work on his own. Thus, he started his own business. I really have no interest in selling light bulbs, but could I perhaps start my own business?

I know I've been contemplating the idea for a while now, but I'm not really sure if I could do it or not. Then I tell myself that you'll never know if you never try. So what if I fail? There's not true failure except not learning from an experience. As long as I learn something from starting my own business, be it marketing tools, or what buyers are looking for, or even if I learn that I don't want to run my own business, the experience would be worth it. I just need to let go of my fear of failure and rejection and just go for it.

Another idea I've been thinking of is getting a job as an electrician or something. No matter where you go, people are going to need electricians. Training doesn't take too long, a few years I think, and electricians get paid decent money. This idea is kind of going off the my-dad-has-a-light-bulb-business fact...I'm sure my dad has a few connections.

Possibilities. It's time for me to focus and zero in on something.

No comments:

Post a Comment