Monday, March 19, 2012

Lights

Lights please! I cannot stop thinking about lights, lamps and pendants. I went to Target's website to look for some floor lamps to replace my cheap, disintegrating one. So I mosey around and find these really cool and modern looking tri-leg standing lamp. On sale! So after sifting through the entire standing lamp selection, I finally buy two that look promising, telling myself that I'll return the one I like the least. Or both if they turn out to not be to my taste.


Tripod Floor Lamp - Silver (Includes CFL Bulb).Opens in a new window
Via Target

Orbit Black Trio Floor Lamp  - 54".Opens in a new window
Via Target
Today, I went into Target on the hunt for some deccent shelves (to no avail), and say that all home decor was buy one get one half off. I went to the lamp section and bought two more standing lamps to try them out in my room. One I ended up hating, but the other was a lovely arch lamp that fit well in my room. It was too expensive for my taste, and I'm not really sure why I bought it. But anyways...

I also went to Target.com to check out some more things, and I see that the tri-leg lamps that I had bought were applicable to the BOGOHO (buy one get one half off) deal! The deal only lasts for this week. Hopefully my lamps get in by this Thursday as promised, and I can go into a store, work the system, and get my extra discount.

Oh, and the wonderful arch lamp that I paid 80 bucks for? On sale on their website. for 55 bucks. And it's also applicable to the BOGOHO sale. After looking at the  item number between the two lamps (the one  have  vs the one online), I find off that it's off by ONE number. Which means that even though they look and are called the exact same thing, they're technically different items. Which means it would be easier to just return the one I have then buy the cheaper lamp online. The perks of working at Target means I know these things. Not really, there are few perks to working there. I need to get out of retail.


Home® Arc Floor Lamp - Silver.Opens in a new window
Via Target

Anyways, onto what I really wanted to post up here. While on my usual scroll through Design Sponge, I was looking through and saw this string of lights and instantly wanted one. Like, NOW. It is so insanely simple and beautiful and gorgeous and functional and it needs to be mine! This is the work of Patrick Townsend, and after looking through and finding the white string 10 without a price next to it, I already knew it was out of my price range. Damn. I really wanted one.

PS I love everything about this room.

Via Design Sponge
This kind of inspired me to think about taking some sort of electrical or wiring something-or-rather class next semester. I think it would be really cool to learn how to may your own lamps and light fixtures. Perhaps as a possible source of income? We'll see, but for now, I'll wait for my lamps to come in on Thursday, then try and figure out how I can get everything as cheaply as possible with all those discounts and things.

No comments:

Post a Comment