Thursday, March 22, 2012

S-A-T-U-R DIY: oversized knit

Remember those wonderful knitted poufs? Well, here's oversized knit project. And I mean oversized. This yarn is so thick...in fact it's not technically yarn. It's just wool roving. No matter, it's on my to-do list. I need this in my room. The Giganto-blanket is just too cool. It's so chunky and fluffy. It takes about 6 pounds of wool roving to make this, and unless you can find it cheaper, costs about 100 bucks.

Giganto-blanket #2
Via Noctunal Knits
Here's another neat-o chunky knit project. Knit your own puffy squishy rug. Again, the materials itself will ring you up over 100 bucks. But I love the idea.

Via The Purl Bee
 I know, I know, this isn't technically "knit", but it does involve chunky yarn. I saw this chunky hand crochet idea on Pinterest, and when I clicked the link it led me to this video. It seemed like more of an advertisement for the chunky Italian yarn, but it did provide a pretty good tutorial. After looking at the picture, it looks like this "yarn" is just a very small knitted tube. It looks time consuming, but a possible alternative for wool roving and other oversized yarn.
Pinned Image
Via Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment