Sunday, March 11, 2012

S-A-T-U-R DIY: lighting

I've been thinking a lot about lights lately. Mostly because I have a cheap light stand that needs to be released with something more...inspiring. Artistic. Beautiful. Handmade. You get the idea.

I don't quite know why I love this light so much. It could be the simple design, or even the neon cord. Although I wouldn't leave the light bulb bare, I do like the simple shape of the extending arm. This would be great next to a bed or couch for late night reading. There's really not much of a tutorial on how to make it, but by looking at the picture, I'm sure you can get an idea. It seems easy enough (Plus, I love the artwork on the wall.)

Via Weekday Carnival

I've been seeing round, overly sized pendant lights all over the web, and this whirl-it shade seems to be the most prevalent, and easy to execute. To make the orb itself, a large balloon, yarn, and some wallpaper glue was needed. I would love a cluster of different sized orbs to light my room. (PS, I have that same black and white pillow case. Got it from Ikea years ago.)


Via Pickles

These little paper stars are intended to hold small tea light candles, but I'm thinking you could get a large piece or paper and make a cool looking pendant light out of it.


Via Passengers on a Little Spaceship


This was just too cool, and such a simple idea. It's a great way to decorate an old shade and give it some new life.

Via Aunt Peaches


No comments:

Post a Comment