Sunday, March 11, 2012

S-A-T-U-R DIY: pleated dress

I am by no means a professional at crafting. Often times, I start a project with a lot of enthusiasm, only to grow bored after a while. The project sits, unfinished and waiting. Finally, I just get so tired of looking at it that I either scrap it or rush to finish it.

That was not the case with this dress. Although it does have a few rough edges and loose threads, I'm happy with the over all result. My boyfriend's sister is getting married this May, and I decided to make my dress rather than to buy one. I wanted something pretty, but simple. And red. After some looking around, I found this great tutorial for a beautiful Zara dress that Kate Middleton was seen sporting.

After some looking around, I came to the conclusion that Zara no longer sells the dress, but the tutorial does show what the original dress looked like. My dress isn't quite done yet, but do far so good. More on my dress later.


Blue Zara Dress
Original Zara Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment